Monday 18 May 2009

Homemade lemon cordial

My first go at making homemade cordial. It was so easy compared to making beer. I saved about £4 by making it myself. It tastes yummy and has no after taste of all the chemicals normal drinks company's put in soft drinks. 
5 large lemons squeezed/two grated skin on small grater bit.
1 and half litres of water boiled with less then a kilo of caster sugar, but could have been even less sugar.
2 teaspoons of cream of tartar 
After dissolving the sugar in the water add the lemon juice and cream of tartar.
Leave with tea towel over pan and cool down then leave in fridge over night.
Strain through clean straining cloth and bottle in sterilized bottles. It made 3 litres of lemon cordial. 
Add water or fizzy water to drink.
Now I have made this I am tempted to make elderflower, blackberry, red currant, strawberry this summer.

No comments: