Sunday 23 November 2008

Janie Hampton

Auntie Janie Hampton, author of the Gold medal winning book that covers the post war Olympics in London, that was built on community spirit. The Austerity Olympics makes a great Christmas present.
Janie has written lots of great books that cover a whole range of her interests. Her website is http://www.janiehampton.co.uk/ The website was built by easy openings which is my in house website company.
My first memories of Auntie Janie was her coming to visit one Christmas, she gave us all home made pillow cases and my Mum had bought a giant jar of lolly pops, which I over indulged in.
A few years later my family cycled to her house in the south of England and there I experienced the feeling of self sufficiency, homemadeness and invention.
She made my whole family blanket coats with big hoods, which we wore for nearly a decade, my brother and I both sewed secret pockets into ours so we wouldn't get pick pocketed.
I have have had the urge since I was little to make a duvet coat. Think I might make it this winter.

No comments: