Tuesday 26 August 2008

Painted guitar bar


Guitar Bar by Eloise O'Hare
The arms of the guitar to hold things that I use everyday. 


Guitar Bar by Eloise O'Hare
Each arm is shaped differently.

Guitar Bar by Eloise O'Hare
Random colour combination that seems to work. I measured tins, sauce pans and things like that to make sure each shelf was the right height. Nothing gets lost down the back as the shelves can be accessed from all sides. 
Guitar Bar by Eloise O'Hare
The top painted in a crazy fun guitar paint, me with a bent brush to reach the hidden spaces.


Guitar Bar by Eloise O'Hare

My new chair has inspired me to paint my guitar bar – everything suddenly looked drab against the chair. The bar must be two years old now, but I never seemed to have noticed how awfully plain and coffee ring stained it looked.

I cleared all the contents of the guitar bar - which is the entire kitchen contents, from jars of dried beans to saucepans. The guitar bar is very functional in my tiny flat.

The house now stinks of old paint. I used left-over house paint. The drying time for the paints were all different, the green at the top of the bar needs almost a whole day to dry.
I’m now looking forward to sitting at the painted guitar bar tomorrow for breakfast when it is finally dried.

No comments: