Friday 30 March 2007

That Spicy Old Blues sketches


I had a great evening yesterday in Take 5 on Tombland in Norwich. Gareth Butcher, who runs a spice stall on Norwich market, had a gig and I went there with some friends and my sketch book.

Before Robert got me a Guinness I already found myself drawing. Gareth plays the guitar incredibly well and has some amazing little guitars.

The music flowed and I pawed over the paper, following the sounds, light and shapes of the music and the medieval crypt. I just drew…

Gareth Butcher and his wife (I don't know her name, but she's a great singer!)
and drew...

Again Gareth Butcher
and drew...

Him again
and drew...


This is Marilda Granda-Barton, also a great voice
and drew...

You guessed it... Gareth Butcher
... all night long!

Prints are available, of course. As always, just go to http://www.eloiseohare.co.uk/ and send me an e-mail via the 'Contact' page. I’m also for hire as a spontaneous drawing lady at your gig!

No comments: